Our promise about your personal information: If we collect information from you, we use it only for the purposes for which it was collected, and the other limited purposes outlined below. We will not sell or share your personally identifiable information with any third party.
Here are the details of our privacy policies. This statement may change over time — please review it periodically.
Types of Information Collected; Uses of Information
We collect some non-personally identifiable information automatically and some in our registration forms and online surveys. Certain, non-personally identifiable information (including, but not limited to, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the domain name from which you linked to our site) might be collected by our web servers to help diagnose technical problems and to help administer our website. We may share this information with our other business partners on an aggregated basis or for the expressed purposes of web site functionality.
Our site’s registration form and online surveys may request or require users to give us personally identifiable information (like their name, telephone number, home address and e-mail address).
We may use the information from our registration forms and surveys to contact the user, or ship the user free goods. We will not sell or disclose your personally identifiable data to any third party unless we first obtain explicit permission from you.
We may use “cookies” to determine whether you have visited our site previously and to save and remember any preferences that you set while using our site. Our cookies cannot retrieve any other data from a hard drive or obtain an e-mail address. Although a user has the ability to modify most browsers to either accept all cookies, notify the user when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies, it may not be possible to utilize certain services at H8SUX.com if cookies are rejected.
User Generated Content
The views, opinions, and comments expressed in user generated content DO NOT reflect the views and opinions of H8SUX.com as an organization.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
A. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- H8SUX.com’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Luke Montgomery 310-663-7871; Luke@H8SUX.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to H8SUX.com’s user relations through Jamie@H8SUX.com You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
B. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New York, New York, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, H8SUX.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at H8SUX.com’s sole discretion.
Content and pictures posted on H8SUX.com may be reused across the site and in promotional materials. H8SUX.com reserves the right to use photographs uploaded to the site in order to promote and publicize itself and its mission. If you have questions email Jamie@H8SUX.com
While there is no such thing as “perfect” security on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personally identifiable information. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, we do not assume any liability for third-party usage of your personal information, whether obtained legally or illegally from our system.
H8SUX.com can’t flourish without your support! Every time you buy a shirt in our Fundraising Shop, you’re also giving one to a high school teen for free! H8SUX.com seeks to collect information from teens ages 13 -18. With respect to minors between the ages of 13 and 18, it is our hope that children participate in H8SUX.com with the blessings of parents and guardians, but also that these parents and guardians become involved with H8SUX.com too! If any child (13-18) provides us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian may notify us and such information will be deleted from our records.
Users and their guardians have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving free goods or participating in any way at H8SUX.com. Parents please E-mail Jamie@H8SUX.com to have your child’s profile deleted. Users also have the ability to delete their account via their original log in.
To change/modify information, go to your user profile after logging in.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact: Jamie@H8SUX.com